Client Consumers Energy
Location Holly, MI
Architect Pumford Construction
Consumers Energy Groveland Service Center facility includes approx. a 22,000 square foot Service Center building, a 3,200 square foot Cold Storage building, and two Vehicle Ports.
- This project utilized 32,900 man hours during construction. This is the equivalent of employing 17 people full-time for an entire year.
- The parcel was formerly used as a Consumers Energy gas training area and was re-developed by Pumford Construction (with the help of Rowe Professional Services Company) for the new Service Center facility.
- Pumford Construction was awarded the design-build project in September of 2012, broke ground in October of 2012, and Consumers Energy moved into the facility in June of 2013.
- This building has successfully achieved Silver Level of Certification under the USGBC rating system.
- Due to the on-site sewage disposal system, a water recycling system was installed to reclaim the wash bay and garage grey water. This reduces the environmental impact of the facility and translates into a point for innovation in design for LEED.
- An on-site 75,000 gallon underground fire water storage tank which provides gravity head pressure to a fire pump which is located in the basement. This tank adds a robust and reliable life and safety component to the building.